Wednesday 26 October 2011

Online Beauty Haul - Before I maxed out the credit cards...

So, turns out that if you start a blog, in the couple of weeks following you shouldn't use up all your internet allowance on youtube videos and reading everyone else's blogs. Who'd a thunk...

Anyway, my internet allowance has now refreshed and I'm being super good at not downloading rubbish this month so far just so I can bring you lots of posts :). 

First up are some pics of my online beauty buys from Ebay, Feel Unique and Beauty Bay. It was a happy, happy day when these came. That sounds shallow. I have been happier about deeper things too. Like sales at Myer. 

Look at these boxes.... how can they not make you smile? It's like a present. I mean, I paid for them, but that was weeks ago and I've forgotten about that part.




The first box I opened was from Ebay and contained the much hyped Skin79 BB Cream. Pretty hot pink packaging. Love.


The bottle looks like this.


I'll be doing a blog post/review on this BB cream soon - I'll compare it with the readily available Garnier BB cream.

Next up was the box from FeelUnique.com. Feel Unique is a UK based website selling a delightful range of beauty products. Best thing is the free shipping. I love free shipping. I rarely purchase anything from a website without free shipping. 

I got the Seche Vite nail polish top coat. I heard about this via Lisa Eldridge's website when she was having her nails done by the amazing nail artist extraordinaire Sophie Robson - you'll see her handiwork (literally) on the paws of models at shows by Louis Vuitton, Vivienne Westwood and Stella McCartney. So if Seche Vite is good enough for Sophie, it's good enough for me. And it's about $13 on the Feel Unique website so it's almost rude not to buy it.


On the left is Shine on Crazy Diamond from Orly, available for $14.88. I've used both of these recently and will wax lyrical about them in a future post.

Next up was the piece de resistance from BeautyBay.com. Now, Beauty Bay does not have free shipping, which offends me, but I was willing to overlook it just to get my mitts on this little beauty.

All nicely wrapped and packaged... 

Ta Da!!
Urban Decay's Naked Palette.
I've heard about this everywhere - it's been out for ages, it's a cult classic, and youtube and beauty blogs are full of raves, swatches, and tutorials based around the colours in the palette. Alas, it isn't easily available in Australia (I don't think you can buy it in shops at all) and heading online is your best bet for finding it (unless you have a friend who lives in the US whom you can bribe with promise of Tim Tams if they send it to you). Anyway, due to all these positive reviews I decided to hunt this down and give it a go. And now I will add to the voices of the other raving Naked lovers.


It comes with a little bottle (tube?) of the Urban Decay Primer Potion for eyes.


On the back it shows the range of shades and names. Blah Blah.


The packaging is something to show off, with the suede material in a gorgeous chocolatey and the writing in a nice bold gold. If you're going to announce you're naked, may as well do it in style!


[My camera HATES the lighting in my bedroom where I took these pics, hence the two different lighting settings in these pics. I have since discovered that it's because I had the light settings on "sunset". I'm a techno gumby like that.]


Ok, finally to the goodies inside - 12 shades of beautiful neutrals. Shimmer, glitter and matte are all covered. It also comes with a brush. But that's not the exciting part at all. Keep looking at those colours. So pretty I want to eat them.


Yep, still gorgeous. 


 I could just sit and stare at this all day but I don't want to seem too weird. Too late I spose.

Anyhoo, this is not a cheap product at around $50, plus whatever shipping is (maybe $13?), but you do get 12 delectable eyeshadows. And if you went and purchased 12 eyeshadows of any other top quality makeup brand it would cost a heck of a lot more sweet coin than $50-60. So I consider this a great investment.

Well, that's it for now, I'm going to head off and lust over stuff on ASOS and Modcloth and plan ways to actually buy the stuff too.

Toodles!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul :) I look forward to reading your skin79 blog post because, I've been interested in buying it for some time now. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to  Buy Nail Polish Online, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/cosmetics/nail/nail-polish.html

    ReplyDelete